Sometimes you can hear: well, what is there in this cucumber, water – water! Well, well and not so! Indeed, the main component of the cucumber is water. Her green fruit more than 95%. Water, but what – almost all the trace elements necessary for the body are dissolved in this structured and easily digestible water. There are few vitamins in cucumber (C, E, B1, B2, PP, provitamin A), but such a variety of trace elements and minerals are few vegetables can boast. And in the composition of cucumbers contains: glucose, fructose, starch, ascorbic acid, coffee and folic acid, chlorophyll, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, sodium, chromium, silicon, chlorine, cobalt, zirconium, manganese, nickel, copper , zinc, aluminum, silver, titanium! Almost the entire periodic table.
Healthy as a cucumber!
Due to its high potassium content, cucumbers have the ability to stabilize blood pressure. Iodine provides the activity of the thyroid gland and has an anti-sclerotic effect. Copper is needed for the normal functioning of the central nervous system and the regulation of motor functions of the body. Zinc is involved in the process of making insulin, which makes cucumbers a very important food for diabetics.
And there is more iron in cucumbers than in strawberries and currants. The high content of potassium, silicon and sulfur makes cucumbers an indispensable preventive agent for maintaining skin, hair and teeth in a healthy state.
• So, the first reason to love cucumbers – with their help, you can improve the health of a number of positions. For example, to reduce pressure, to adjust the digestion, to support the work of the heart, to protect from cold. Cucumber juice has a significant antipyretic effect, it is an effective remedy for prolonged cough, calms the nervous system, has anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect.
Cucumber is an excellent beautician, it is not by chance that it is part of various cosmetic masks and lotions. It smoothes small wrinkles and supplies the body with B vitamins that eliminate acne and stimulate collagen production. It is rumored that the Egyptian queen Cleopatra not only took milk baths, but also, according to a certain pattern, saw cucumber pickle, and it is not known what she owes more to her legendary beauty, milk or cucumber! After all, cucumber juice and brine have the properties to keep the skin in tone, moisturize it and supply it with vitamins and microelements.
– Simple universal mask. Grate the cucumber on a fine grater and add the protein of one egg. Beat everything together and apply on the skin for 5-10 minutes. This mask is very useful for normal and mixed skin at any age. It very well tones the skin, improves the complexion.
– Mask for sensitive skin. In the summer, people with sensitive skin often have a blush on their face, small vessels protrude. This phenomenon is called kuperoz. Cucumber with blueberries – a good combination to deal with such a problem. On a fine grater, rub a sufficient amount of cucumber. To him should squeeze a couple of blueberries, mix well.
The resulting mass of pale purple. apply on face, keep the mask for 15-20 minutes. Then rinse with warm water and rinse with cold.
– Mask for oily skin. On a fine grater, rub a cucumber and add a spoon of white clay to it, mix and apply on face. Keep until dry, wash off. If you regularly, twice a week, make this mask, then the skin will no longer shine, will become dull.
– Curd-cucumber mask. 2 tablespoons of fresh cottage cheese, 1 tablespoon of milk, 1 teaspoon of sunflower oil, grated cucumber, and a little parsley – mix and lightly salted. Apply the prepared gruel on the face for 15-20 minutes, rinse with warm water, then rinse the face with cold water. Suitable for any skin.
Well, lotions from cucumber juice is a separate song! They are popular since ancient times. Cucumber juice refreshes and whitens the skin, helps to remove acne, freckles and age spots.
The simplest use of cucumber for cosmetic purposes – in the evening, wipe your face with a slice of cucumber and grease with yogurt, perfectly helps against age spots and freckles. And to remove the swelling, bags under the eyes that have arisen after a sleepless night, try attaching cucumber circles to your eyelids
• That’s the second reason to love cucumbers – their ability to make us younger and more beautiful, with amazing ease of use.
Losing weight with cucumber
Cucumber is able to help in the fight against extra pounds, because it is the lowest-calorie fruit. 100 g of cucumber mass contains only 15 kcal. Cucumber is an excellent source of fiber, which regulates the bowels, so it is indispensable for diets, because the amount of proteins, fats and carbohydrates is negligible, so you can not get fat!
In addition, cucumber has a unique substance – tartronic acid, which allows you to lose weight. This acid does not allow carbohydrates to turn into fat.
Well, in addition, fresh cucumbers are a mild laxative, and also contributes to the secretion of excess water from the body, which is also important in the process of weight loss.
• The third reason to love cucumbers – they do not add us extra centimeters at the waist, and even vice versa, contribute to improving the figure. Nutritionists advise doing “cucumber fasting days” once a week.
What cucumbers smell like
• For no less than healthy qualities, we love cucumbers for their refreshing taste and wonderful cucumber aroma. That’s the fourth reason.
A pleasant aromatic smell of cucumber is obliged to the presence of essential oil in it (about 10 mg per 1 kg). The aroma of fresh cucumber can relieve headaches, insomnia and depression. All smells are emotionally colored, cause certain associations, but cucumber salads smell in the summer and vacation, freshness and youth. I do not know what it is connected with, but according to some studies, fresh cucumber aroma is one of the first places for women in attractiveness, overtaking even floral aromas. No wonder in many perfumes, the creators make notes of cucumber smell.
I especially want to stay on the bitter cucumbers. More recently, we were upset if bitter specimens were found among the cucumbers, threw them away, and peeled them. It turns out that this is not worth doing, bitter cucumbers, of course, are not very pleasant in taste, but their value is different. The bitter taste of cucumbers is due to the content of cucurbitacins steroid saponins. These substances are formed in many members of the pumpkin family. As proven in recent years, cucurbitacins are capable of inhibiting the pathological growth of tissues and, therefore, can be used as anti-cancer agents. So, it will not be superfluous not to throw away with a preventive purpose, but to eat these bitter fruits.
Crusts of bitter cucumbers can be used as a powder for burns, diaper rash, acne and acne, for this they must be cleaned, dried and crushed into powder.
It is believed that bitter cucumbers are more useful for the heart, small intestine, pancreas than ordinary ones; in China they are even specially grown and they are used to make medicines.
And bitterness in cucumbers is good for the liver, if you have age spots, do not throw away the crusts of bitter cucumbers, take them as medicine.
• And this is the fifth reason to admire a cucumber!
Cucumber is a wonderful fruit of Indian vine, able to restore health, preserve beauty and youth, is worthy of love and admiration, do not neglect cucumbers in the summer season when their benefits are especially great!